On the lookout for the best indoor potty for your furry friend? We hear you! Dog owners often fall for their pet’s cute looks, and truth be told it’s hard not to fall in love with them at first sight. However, when you are a fur parent, you’ll soon realize there are essential items your pet will need, this is the case with an indoor potty for dogs. This is why today, we’ll be telling you about the best indoor potty for dogs.
As much as we love our fur children, cleaning after them is certainly not the highlight of the day and there are moments when we can’t always be there for them to take them outside. This is the main reason for the existence of an indoor potty for dogs, which provides a place where they can relieve themselves when owners aren’t around. These are great to avoid any major disasters at home.
Whether you already are a fur baby parent or are looking to get your very first dog pet, an indoor potty will save you and your pet a lot of headaches. However, as a first-time owner, doing a little research is always a good idea. When buying an indoor potty for dogs, there are a few things to keep in mind before making that final choice. Check out some of the best indoor potty for dogs available on the market now.
Best Indoor Potty for Dogs FAQs
Why do you need indoor dog potties?
- Prevents odor: Indoor potty pads make it possible for your pet to use the bathroom indoors, without leaving the stench of their waste all over the house. Any pet owner who has had to deal with an accident their dog made on the carpet, knows first-hand that these messes can be a pain to clean up and they can cause your house to have a lingering order for days or weeks.
- Perfect for inclement weather: If your dog has an indoor dog potty, you don’t need to worry about going out in the snow or rain! Your dog will have their personal dog bathroom to use indoors
- Cater to younger and senior dogs: Younger and older dogs tend to have issues with going outside to the bathroom. On the one hand, younger dogs are still getting trained, and therefore, accidents can be expected. However, owning a dog potty could help fix this issue. On the flip side, older dogs are known for having health, mobility, and other issues that keep them from venturing outside.
Do indoor dog toilets work?
Indoor dog potties are useful for those that have to leave their dog for more than three or four hours. If you live in a high-rise apartment, or your elderly dog is unable to wait very long when they need to empty their bladder, they can help avoid accidents in the home.
Where does an indoor dog poop?
Most dogs will prefer to use the indoor toilet instead of making a mess on the floor. As a result, the potty system can be the go-to place to do their business if they have the urge to go when you’re not around.
Do indoor dog potties smell?
There are some models like the DoggieLawn; that feature hydroponic grass which naturally neutralizes odors. The liquid is absorbed into the root bed! With artificial grass, you need to clean them daily in order to get the stink out.
How do you clean an indoor dog potty?
You can also use toilet paper to soak up urine or pick up poop, the advantage being that you can then flush those down the toilet*. Once you’ve removed the bulk of the mess, you can follow up with towels or rags dampened with warm water to wipe or gently blot away (don’t rub it in) the rest of the smaller residue.
What are the types of indoor dog potties?
- Grass mats can be a good choice because they approximate natural outdoor behavior. These mats can be synthetic or real. Synthetic grass mats can be rinsed and reused, making them a more cost-effective and sustainable choice.
- Plastic indoor dog potties are typically made in grids that snap securely to underlying collection trays. These models are sturdier than grass options but can be too flimsy for heavier dogs. If you have a large dog, you may want to look closely at the recommended weight.
- Absorbent fabric pads are versatile options and can make excellent liners for your dog’s crate, kennel, car seat, or food area. Many of these pads are machine-washable, which will minimize their odor retention, and have additional features like non-slip rubber backs, waterproof bottom layers, and sturdy double stitching.
What size indoor dog potty should you choose?
To decide what size of dog potty you’ll need, you’ll want to think about how large your dog is. If the potty is too small or flimsy to hold your dog, it may not want to use it. For the best results, you’ll probably want to choose a potty that will comfortably fit your dog. You may want to measure your dog and compare the numbers to your model’s mat or pat dimensions.
Best Indoor Potty for Dogs
This artificial turf dog mat provides a sanitary place for your pet to relieve themselves inside or on your balcony or patio. It’s a reusable alternative to disposable dog pads for small to medium-sized pets.
Potty training your new best friend just got easier, even if you live in an apartment or work long hours. This dog litter box helps avoid accidents while enforcing your pup’s training that they should go potty on grass. Speaking of training, would you like to know whether or not is difficult to do Pomsky training at home?
The artificial grass mat sits on top of a secure plastic drainage insert that allows liquid to empty into the durable collection tray.
- Grass Pad
- Easy Cleanup
SavvyGrow artificial grass is made from a new advanced formula that binds four natural colors of hard-wearing, UV resistant grass blades together, so your lawn will look incredibly realistic.
SavvyGrow artificial grass requires zero chemicals & zero maintenance. It is safe, non-toxic, and feels soft under pet paws. And if it’s kind to pets, you know it’s going to be kind to kids too!
SavvyGrow grass contains no fillers; it stands upright because of the premium quality blades and won’t develop flat patches like the fake grass of yesteryear.
- Drain Holes
- Easy to Clean
The PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Indoor & Outdoor Dog Potty is your backyard in a box. Ideal for apartments or in times when you can’t just let your pet out.
This system gives your dog, cat, or other small pet a convenient and more comfortable alternative to potty pads. The top layer lets your pet feel the grass under his paws and allows urine to quickly drain through.
The reinforced base has a slight angle so all urine collects into a removable waste bin for super easy clean-up. When you can’t bring your pet to the backyard, bring the backyard to your pet.
- Easy Cleanup
- Reinforced Base
- Ideal for Training
Freshpatch makes training easy with 100% natural grass that’s safe to use inside, outside, and on the go. It quickly absorbs liquids and naturally controls odors, plus there is no cleaning or maintenance needed on your part because the entire unit is fully disposable.
Hydroponic grass is long-lasting and lightweight. It is also great-smelling, dirt-free, and super-absorbent for urine and odors. This is not your Grand-dad’s grass.
The fully disposable, sturdy container is made leak-resistant during the manufacturing process and keeps grass fresh during shipment.
This blue litter box is designed just for dogs. It is a great alternative for working families or apartment living pets.
Helps to avoid accidents: the puppy always has a place to go, when you can’t take them out. You can choose a pan based on the size of your dog. Easy to use training guide included.
- Easy to Clean
This grass pad for dogs is the perfect solution for when the weather is bad or you are caught up at work until late; with a realistic grass mat design, your dog will be happy to use it anytime! Great for apartment, patio, porch, balcony, RV, and more.
Your dog will not drag the turf out of the puppy pad tray anymore; the artificial pet grass is now fixed into the tray with 4 clips on the sides, which prevent it from moving out of place.
This dog litter box is super practical due to its 3-layered system; the urine drains through the artificial grass into a slanted tray.
- Easy to clean
This is a high-quality perforated grate that will allow pee to flow directly below your pet’s feet into the training pad or newspaper underneath keeping your pet’s feet dry and clean. Forget the mop or wet vac.
It features an easy snap-on/off grate system that will prevent teething puppies from getting to training pads or newspapers in the pee pad holder.
This is perfect for brand new puppies that have to stay home until their vaccination rounds are done or small breed adult dogs.
- Keep Paws Dry
- Protect Floors
- Easy Cleanup
What if you need to replace the grass? Then check out the best artificial grass for dogs options.