In the search for the best artificial grass for your pooch? We hear you! It would appear as if your fur friend has a knack for destroying your patio, therefore it becomes essential to have the right grass. As much as we love them, we have to recognize that dogs have a natural ability to wreak havoc on your yard and it’s pretty unavoidable. That’s why today we’ll be sharing with you the best grass for dogs.
It is well known that our fur babies can easily turn your once nice-looking yard into something completely opposite, however, is not entirely their fault, is just natural dog behavior. We have to keep in mind dogs possess hunting instincts, which summed to their playing antics, can translate into holes all over your grass, and a dismantled-looking front yard.
As you can tell by now, finding the right grass for dogs is the way to go, however, it can be quite the task, especially if this is your first time doing so. As a first-timer, doing a little research is always a good idea. There are a few things to keep in mind when buying grass for dogs before making that final choice. Check out some of the best grass for dogs.
Best Artificial Grass for Dogs FAQs
Can you use fake grass for dogs?
Yes, artificial turf is absolutely safe for pets. Fake grass for pets is much more resilient than traditional lawns as it can withstand any wear and tear inflicted by the dog’s claws, paws, or nails.
Can dogs poop on artificial grass?
Yes, dogs can pee and poop on artificial grass; just like they would on natural grass. The good news is that you will not have to clean urine from your artificial grass. It drains away in the same way as rainwater.
Does dog urine smell on artificial grass?
Unfortunately, when urine trickles through synthetic turf’s blades, it seeps under the grass and coagulates between the bottom of the grass carpet and the weed barrier beneath it. As buildup accumulates, the dog’s urine smell intensifies. The stench can linger long after the liquid has been disposed of.
How do you keep dogs from peeing on artificial grass?
Apply a commercial dog repellent as directed. If you prefer to use natural dog repellents, cayenne pepper, white vinegar, and baking soda are products you may already have in your kitchen. Sprinkle cayenne pepper directly onto your lawn. You can always check out some of the Best Indoor Potty for Dogs.
Can you power wash artificial grass?
Absolutely. Power washing the turf will clean the artificial grass quickly. Take care, not to power wash solids. Pick up any solids including pet feces before power washing.
What are the pros and cons of getting the Best Artificial Grass for Dogs?
- Water conservation. The state continues to tighten water restrictions. Artificial grass makes it easy to comply, dramatically reducing water usage without sacrificing aesthetic standards set by homeowners’ associations.
- Non-toxic. No poisonous materials are used in the manufacture of artificial grass.
- Non-allergenic. Fake grass doesn’t grow. Goodbye, grass pollen. Hello, enjoy your yard, no matter the season.No harmful chemical residues. Artificial turf requires no herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizers to remain beautiful and bug-free. That’s safer for your family and safer for the environment.
- Durability. The materials used in making artificial turf are extremely durable and able to withstand almost any type of torture.
- Safer surface. Natural grass can develop dips and humps that cause injuries when children (and adults and pets) trip while running and playing. The surface of fake grass is always evenly smooth.
- Surface heat. Artificial turf holds more heat than natural grass, so it can feel warm to the touch. Some types of infill can also raise the surface temperature.
- Odor build-up. Like natural grass, if you don’t clean up messes on artificial turf, they will fester. Certain types of infill are prone to holding odors, too.
- Toxic run-off concerns. People used to be concerned that water run-off from crumb rubber infill might be harmful to families, pets, or the environment.
How to choose the best artificial grass for dogs?
- Material: Material is key when selecting the best artificial grass for dogs. The grass blades consist of either polyethylene or polypropylene to ensure they can hold up to foot traffic and harsh weather while resisting damage from pet urine.
- Pile Height and Density: Pile height for artificial grass refers to the length of the grass blades. The pile height can range from as low as 0.8 inches to 1.6 inches or more. The lower pile will drain more quickly but has less cushioning.
- Fade Resistance: Since most artificial grass spends its days outdoors under the sun, it’s important that it be able to resist UV rays, which can quickly cause colors to fade.
- Installation: Artificial grass comes in either mats or rolls. Mats range in size from 3 feet by 5 feet to as large as 7 feet by 13 feet. Larger swaths of artificial grass come in rolls similar to carpet, which makes them easy to install.
- Draining and Maintenance: When a dog relieves itself, the liquid needs to go somewhere, so it’s important to consider drainage when choosing artificial grass. Artificial grass should have holes in the backing that allow liquid to flow through to the ground below.
Best Artificial Grass for Dogs
Made of high-quality synthetic material, super durability. Rubber backed with a drainage hole can be dry quickly.
No mowing, and no watering, making it an excellent surface for pets and kids to play on. Made to withstand all weather conditions, this turf rug can also be cut to desired size or shape without causing any fraying.
You only need to choose an area to put and roll out the grass and you are done! You can even cut the grass roll into your sizes to better accommodate your place.
- Real Grass Appearance
High-quality durable polypropylene fibers, PE material on the surface, with drainage holes, no need to worry about stagnant water.
Grass Height about 0.8” in length, high-density artificial grass. With 4-tone Color, soft and lush and the thatch looks & feels like natural grass. Providing you with Year-round Green and turf enjoyment, perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects.
Laying out grass turf/mat is very simple. You just need to mark and dig out an area, layout the base, roll out the turf, and seal it. Infilling or not is up to you.
- Outdoor, Indoor
- Easy to Install
- High Quality
SunVilla is a marvelous, multi-purpose, and very durable superior quality artificial grass/turf Brand, made of Advanced UV resistant Yarn, polyethylene fabric, and durable latex backing.
SunVilla artificial grass is non-toxic and lead-free, making it an excellent surface for pets and kids to play on. 4 tone patterns are soft, lush and with 1 3/8″ blade height just looks like natural grass, providing you with year-round green and turf enjoyment.
SunVilla artificial grass needs no maintenance and looks perfectly fresh and green all year round. You can forget about mowing, watering, spraying, or fertilizing.
- Rubber Backing
- Environmentally Friendly
WMG’s residential turf is maintenance-free, non-toxic, and will appear at its peak all year long with our premium quality.
Perfect for your balcony, dining room, kitchen, backyard, or to make your own golf putting green baseball playground, it can decorate almost everywhere.
Superior built quality, 70oz weight – 50% heavier than cheaper alternatives, very durable, and perfect for pets playing ground, garden, patio, roof, swimming pool, doormats, yards, balcony, etc.
Made of high-quality synthetic material, superior resilience, and durability, constructed of the highest quality UV resistant polyethylene and poly polypropylene yarn, 70 oz.
Total weight per square yard to ensure an extremely High-Density artificial grass. No mowing, no watering, no spraying.
Laying out our grass is a very simple-simply mark and dig out an area, layout the base, roll out the turf, and seal the matter, infilling is your choice.
- Environmentally Friendly
If you are vexed about how to choose artificial grass, might as well look at XLX TURF deluxe artificial turf.
It has 4 tones & C shape, at the same time we increase the weight of grass per square to 77.6 ounces, which means you will have excellent lusher turf, natural grass looking.
Made of PE&PP synthetic material imported from Germany with excellent wear-resistant, nonslip, and resilience. Passed the Durability & Fire resistance test, so never mind insolation and frost.
- Outdoor, Indoor
- UV Proof
Grass height about 0.8” in length, high-density artificial grass. With 4-tone color, soft and lush looks & feels like real natural grass.
Premium quality artificial grass is UV-proof, weather-resistant, low-maintenance, and eco-friendly, made of super-strong high-density polyethylene that’s soft to the touch and water-resistant latex backing with drainage holes for water to pass through, easy to clean, and can be dry quickly.
This grass also comes with a steady rubber backing which will make it stay in place, so that even as the kids play or as the dogs explore.
Not so sure about getting artificial grass for your dog, then real grass is and forever will be your primary choice, then check out some of these grass for dogs options.